General emergency alarm signal : Seven or more short blast followed by one long blast
Emergency:- Immediate Action Required/Members of The Team
- Stop main engine & raise emergency alarm
- Determine if any casualties suffered and render First aid, if necessary.
- Establish communication with other vessel and exchange information.
- Check for oil pollution and possibility of one
- Assess for any immediate danger of sinking/capsizing.
- Effect necessary damage and pollution controls actions.
- Do not leave the area untill both vessels involved in the collision are safe
Command Team (C/T) Duties:-
- Fix ship’s position and record all movements/events
- Establish communications with the other vessel and exchange information
- Broadcast situation to vessels in the vicinity & keep clear, if required.
- Inform tech suptd. and DPA and advise status.
- Inform Agenst/ Port authorities and arrange for P&I surveyor.
Emergency Team(E/T) Duties:-
- Inspect/ assess damaged area and report to C/T
- Ascertain if any oil pollution and act accordingly.
- Take all ballast bilge and fuel tank soundings.
- Effect damage control & temporary repairs
- Check damage stability and stress criteria.
- Ballast/ deballast and transfer fuel as deemed necessary
- Take fuel tanks and E/R bilge soundings
Support Team (S / T) Duties:-
- Provide First aids.
- Prepare life boats
- Assist as directed.
- Shut all water tight doors and vents
Engine Room / Roving Team (R / T) Duties:-
- Attend to E/R services and controls
- Report status of M/E & Aux equipments to C/T
- When a fire alarm is sounded it is to be left ringing till stopped by the master, master after stopping the fire alarm will sound the emergency signal.
- For emergency stations crew must carry the life jacket and elsa to their muster stations, life jackets to be worn only at abandon ship
- Drills to be conducted in such a way as if they are real.
- Fire alarm is indicated by continuous ringing of the bell (…………)