MOLs “Vega Dream” with a crew of twenty, has COVID-19 cases onboard, says a press release published on their website.
Onboard Covid-19 cases
The 174,713MT “Vega Dream” owned and managed by Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. with a crew of twenty, has COVID-19 cases onboard, at Port Hedland, Western Australia.
Number of positive cases
- Among the twenty crew members.
- Seven have been tested positive.
- One is currently isolated at the Hedland Health Campus.
- The remaining six with no symptoms are isolated onboard.
- The other thirteen crew members, also showing no symptoms of COVID-19 and have tested negative.
Crew change regulations followed?
Among the seven crew members that have tested positive, one has boarded on August 13. The other six have boarded the vessel on September 24, the latest crewchange for the vessel.
*All crew members have boarded in compliance with:
*The Department of Transportation in the Philippines,
•Protocol for Crew Change and Repatriation, and being quarantined and tested negative in the Philippines prior to joining the vessel.
•Berthed for cargo operations
The vessel arrived in Port Hedland, Western Australia on October 3, berthed on October 10, and completed cargo operation on October 11.
She is currently unberthed and anchored off Port Hedland.