The me series of enignes have no cam shaft. To provide power for fuel injection and exhaust valve lifting, they utilize a hydraulic oil loop with injection and exhaust valve lifting, they utilize a hydraulic oil loop with fine filtered oil from the main engine lubricating oil system at about 200 bar pressure. The advantages of the ME series of enignes come from the fact that the timing and intensity of the fuel oil injection and exhaust valve opening and closing is optimal and intensity of fuel oil injection and exhaust valve opening and closing is optimum at all steady and transient loads, thus giving lower part load fuel oil consumption, lower emissions and better low load operation. The balance between cylinders will be easier to adjust for smooth operation.
Parts omitted in ME Series Engines
- Chain drive
- Chain wheel frame
- Camshaft with all lubricating arrangement
- Roller guide and frames
- Fuel injection pumps
- Exhaust valve actuators
- Starting air distributors
- Regulating shaft
- Mechanical lubricator
New parts included in ME Series Engines
- Hydraulic power supply(HPS)
- Hydraulic cylinder units
- Engine control system(Electronic)
- Electronically profiled injection
- Fuel oil pressure boosters
- Crankshaft position sensing system(crank angle encoder)
- Electronically controlled alpha lubricator system
- Chain drive for servo oil pumps(hps system)
- EICU The Engine Interface Control Units handle the interface to external systems.
- ECU The Engine Control Units perform the engine control functions:
- engine speed,
- running modes and
- start sequence.
- ACU The Auxiliary Control Units control the pumps of the hydraulic system unit and the auxiliary blowers.
- CCU The Cylinder Control Units control the FIVA valves, starting air valves, and the ME cylinder lubricators.
- MOP The engineers’ interface to the ECS.