General emergency alarm signal : Seven or more short blast followed by one long blast
Emergency:- Immediate Action Required/Members of The Team
- Stop operation by fastest mean and raise emergency alarm
- Prepare rescue harness, ELSA and SCBA
Command Team (C/T) Duties:-
- Notify relevant parties as appropriate
- Request for shore assistance or Radio Medical Advice as appropriate
- Compile communication reports and record all movements/events
Emergency Team(E/T) Duties:-
- One man to don SCBA/ Chemical Suite(as applicable) with a spare mask and Rescue pack.
- At least two hands should be standby with SCBA/ Chemical suits
- Prepare rescue harness and rig tackle
- Transfer the casualty to safe area as soon as possible
Support Team (S / T) Duties:-
- Prepare resuscitator and stretcher
- Provide First Aid and stand by with Antidotes
Engine Room / Roving Team (R / T) Duties:-
- Attend to E/ R service and controls.
- When a fire alarm is sounded it is to be left ringing till stopped by the master, master after stopping the fire alarm will sound the emergency signal.
- For emergency stations crew must carry the life jacket and elsa to their muster stations, life jackets to be worn only at abandon ship
- Drills to be conducted in such a way as if they are real.
- Fire alarm is indicated by continuous ringing of the bell (…………)