General emergency alarm signal : Seven or more short blast followed by one long blast
Emergency:- Immediate Action Required/Members of The Team
In event of : Transfer system leak, Tank overflow, suspected cargo tank, fuel tank hull leak.
- Stop operation by fastest means and raise emergency alarm
- Activate oil spill contigency plan
- Identify spill source, contain & eradicate
- Consider opening and draining into slack tank
- Suspend operation untill leakage rectified /isolated & cleaned up.
- Consider shore assistance
- Deploy oil boom to prevent dissipation & recover as much as possible using oil absorbents.
Command Team (C/T) Duties:-
- Notify relevant parties as per VRP or SOPEP as appropriate
- Inform technical Dept, DPA and advise status.
- Co-ordinate with port authorities/ other vessels if necessary.
- Consider shore assistance requesting additional clean up materials
- Report made to shore authorities- Coast Guard, Port authorities & others.
- Compile communication reports and record all movements/ events.
Emergency Team(E/T) Duties:-
- Assess & identify spill source & inform C/T
- Deploy clean up materials.
- Control and organize oil spill containment.
- Disposal of residue & clean up material ashore or slop/tank, incinerator.
Support Team (S / T) Duties:-
- Provide First Aid
- Assist as directed.
Engine Room / Roving Team (R / T) Duties:-
- Attend to E/R services and controls
- Report status of M/E & Aux equipments to C/T
- When a fire alarm is sounded it is to be left ringing till stopped by the master, master after stopping the fire alarm will sound the emergency signal.
- For emergency stations crew must carry the life jacket and elsa to their muster stations, life jackets to be worn only at abandon ship
- Drills to be conducted in such a way as if they are real.
- Fire alarm is indicated by continuous ringing of the bell (…………)