General emergency alarm signal : Seven or more short blast followed by one long blast
Emergency:- Immediate Action Required/Members of The Team
- In event of : Transfer system leak, Tank overflow, suspected cargo tank hull leak.
- Stop operation by fastest mean and raise emergency alarm
- Stop accommodation ventilation and shut all openings
- Identify spill source, contain and eradicate
Command Team (C/T) Duties:-
- Notify relevant parties as per VRP,SOPEP or SMPEP as appropriate
- Inform technical Dept, DPA and advise status.
- Co-ordinate with port authorities/ other vessels if necessary.
- Consider shore assistance requesting additional clean up materials
- Report made to shore authorities- Coast Guard, Port authorities & others.
- Compile communication reports and record all movements/ events.
Emergency Team(E/T) Duties:-
- Assess & identify spill source & inform C/T
- Ascertain properties of spilled cargo, type of hazard, type of protective equipment to be used, solubility in water, fire hazards etc.
- Control and organize spill containment
- Disposal of residue and clean up material ashore or slop tank.
- Check stability criteria / stress and effect on other cargoes on board.
Support Team (S / T) Duties:-
- Provide First Aid and stand by with Anti dotes.
- Assist as directed
Engine Room / Roving Team (R / T) Duties:-
- Attend to E/R service and controls.
- Report status of Main Engine & aux equipment to C/T
- Stop vent & isolate electrical supply if required.
- When a fire alarm is sounded it is to be left ringing till stopped by the master, master after stopping the fire alarm will sound the emergency signal.
- For emergency stations crew must carry the life jacket and elsa to their muster stations, life jackets to be worn only at abandon ship
- Drills to be conducted in such a way as if they are real.
- Fire alarm is indicated by continuous ringing of the bell (…………)