General emergency alarm signal : Seven or more short blast followed by one long blast
Emergency:- Immediate Action Required/Members of The Team
SEARCH & RESCUE:-
- Raise emergency alarm and transmit/ retransmit distress message
- SSB in operation and continuous listening watch on all Distress frequencies
- Establish communications internally and externally with RCC & surface / air units
- Carry out SAR operations as defined in MERSAR and instructed by RCC
Command Team (C/T) Duties:-
- Maintain communication with RCC and surface air units
- Fix vessel’s position and plot course and speeds of other assisting units
- Compile communication reports and record all movements/ events.
- Inform tech suptd. and DPA and other relevant parties on situation
- Make OLB entries and fill up deviation certificate
Emergency Team(E/T) Duties:-
- Provide additional manpower to Bridge
- Prepare rescue equipment and rescue boat for launching
- Await further instructions from C/T
Support Team (S / T) Duties:-
- Prepare to receive survivors and provide first aid
- Assist as directed.
Engine Room / Roving Team (R / T) Duties:-
- Attend E/R services and controls
- Report status of aux. equipment to C/T
- When a fire alarm is sounded it is to be left ringing till stopped by the master, master after stopping the fire alarm will sound the emergency signal.
- For emergency stations crew must carry the life jacket and elsa to their muster stations, life jackets to be worn only at abandon ship
- Drills to be conducted in such a way as if they are real.
- Fire alarm is indicated by continuous ringing of the bell (…………)